Saturday, November 3, 2012

Remember the Orionid Meteor Shower? I went up to try to catch some shots. Information I found on the web indicated best time to be there was 2 hours before sunrise, and that there would be up to 50 per hour.

Well...I was there a bit before that, 4:30a.m., and between that time and sunrise at arond 7:30, I saw a total of 7 meteors. (Of course, I'm sure there were some I didn't see). Of course none of those were in the field of view where I was taking pictures. They were pretty dim too, so they may not have gotten caught in the picture.

I did catch some nice sunrise pictures. Here is one, from this Gallery.


This week, I went up this week, in hopes of catching a good full moon shot. But the location I was at turned out to not be a good vantage point for the rising moon. However, I did get some nice sunset shots, store in the same gallery. Here is one of the sunset shots:





No comments:

Post a Comment